Recipe: Full Steam Ahead Fish
Summary: Steaming is a very healthy way to cook fish. The method retains ingredients’ nutrients, and calories from fat are minimal since there’s no need to use oil.
- 2 6 ounces orange roughy or other fish fillets
- small fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shredded fresh ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet peppers
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed
- Make bias cuts about 3/4-inch apart into the fish fillets. (Do not cut completely through fish.) Tuck 1 or 2 whole basil leaves into each cut. Rub fillets with garlic and ginger.
- Place peppers and asparagus in a steamer basket. Top with fish. Place basket into a large, deep saucepan or wok in which 1-inch of water is boiling. Cover; steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Makes 2 servings.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: bhg.com