Summary: These are so easy to make and everyone will love you for the nice surprise at your next get together or just a fun dessert to cheer up the kids!!
- 3 cups canola oil, for frying
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a deep-sided skillet over medium heat, add the oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking mix and brown sugar. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until blended and no lumps.
- Put the strawberries into the bowl of a food processor and add the sugar. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl and set aside.
- When you are ready to fry, pour 3/4 cup batter into a funnel, holding your finger over the bottom. (You can also use a squeeze bottle or a plastic food storage bag.) Release your finger and pour the batter into the oil making a circular motion and crisscrossing over the top. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on brown paper.
- Serve the funnel cakes dusted with powdered sugar and the strawberry sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Foodnetwork.com