Recipe: Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Sirloin
Summary: This sirloin recipe is so quick and easy and tastes amazing. You could use what ever cut of beef you would like, but I think that sirloin would be the easiest and most inexpensive way to go.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef Top Sirloin Steak (boneless)
- 1 portabello mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 24 medium-sized basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- For the marinade: combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Butterfly steak. With one of the long sides not short sides, facing you, run knife through middle thickness leaving ½-inch at the long opposite end as a “hinge.” Do not cut all the way through.
- Place steak in 9 x 13 pan, exposing all cut sides, and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- (Next day) Heat grill to medium heat.
- Lay steak open. Place mushrooms on steak to cover completely. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Cover with basil leaves and sprinkle with Parmesan along with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and pepper.
- Roll up from a long side jellyroll style. Tie at 2-3 inch intervals with kitchen string.
- Place steak on grill, cooking until desired doneness or until internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning frequently.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove twine and slice steak, crosswise, into ½-inch thick slices.
OVEN BRAISED SIRLOIN STEAK: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare steak per directions through step 7. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic cloves, parsley and black pepper in shallow baking dish. Bake 15 minutes; baste with juices and bake an additional 20 minutes. Let meat rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe submitted by Sarah & Jeff Isbell