Recipe: Gazpacho Salad in a Jar
Summary: A crisp salad with the fresh flavors of chilled gazpacho is a perfect starter for any meal. For this version, the salad ingredients are layered in a jar and refrigerated. You can make one large jar of salad or prepare individual servings — perfect for outdoor dining.
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Layer half of lettuce, pepper, cucumber, tomato, celery and onions in a narrow 2-quart glass jar with lid. Repeat layers with remaining vegetables. You can also make individual servings in smaller jars.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a glass jar with lid; cover and shake vigorously. Pour over vegetables. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, turning container occasionally.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from: DallasNews.com