Recipe: Giant Valentine Cookie
Summary: This chewy chocolate chip cookie, topped with smooth, rich chocolate, makes a decadent treat that says Happy Valentine’s Day in a giant way.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- Decorator icing (in tubes, optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease and wax paper-line 8 1/2 or 9-inch heart-shaped pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels; spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE remaining morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted; spread over cookie. Decorate with icing.
- BAKING SHEET COOKIE VARIATION:
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Pat dough into 8-inch circle on ungreased baking sheet with floured hands. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of VeryBestBaking.com