Summary: Consider this the salad course for your Asian themed night, great idea for a stay at home vacation.. watch an Asian movie after dinner!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup KRAFT FREE* Thai Lime & Coriander Dressing
- 24 raw prawn cutlets, tail removed (or deveined shrimp)
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 1/2 lettuce, shredded
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 cucumber, julienne
- 50g rice vermicelli, soaked in hot water until soft, chopped
- 12 large mint leaves
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup KRAFT FREE* Thai Lime & Coriander Dressing, extra
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped (or chilli flakes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add ginger and dressing and cook over a medium-high heat until reduced by half. Add prawns and cook. Remove from heat to cool.
- Dip half the rice paper sheets in a shallow bowl of hot water until just softened. Lay sheets out on a tea towel and pat dry. Place a mint leaf horizontally 1/3 of the way down each sheet. In the center of each sheet top with some lettuce, carrot, cucumber, vermicelli and 2 prawns. Fold the bottom of each sheet up over the filling, then the sides inward. Roll up from the bottom to enclose the filling. Continue with the remaining sheets and fillings.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredient in a bowl. Serve with rice paper rolls.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Kraft Canada