Summary: I was going to tell you how surprisingly easy these are to make, but apparently my definition of “easy to make” is eye-roll inducing, so I’ll just tell you they aren’t so scary after all, and encourage you to give them a try.
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 8 oz all purpose flour (a little under 2 cups – I recommend you measure and weigh. See my note above)
- 1 1/2 oz sugar (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
- 1 oz butter, cold to room temperature (just don’t melt it, okay?)
- dash of salt
- Enough oil to cover the bottom few inches of a wok, or a deep fryer.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
For instructions please visit: LeanneBakes.com