Recipe: Glazed Brownie Hearts
Summary: Look what you can do with a simple brownie mix and frosting! A cookie cutter is all that’s needed.
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 16 oz container)
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors multicolored candy sprinkles or colored sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with foil. Grease bottom only of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Using foil to lift, remove brownie from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 10 brownies. Place brownie hearts on a cooling rack or waxed paper.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds. Stir; frosting will be thick and spoonable. DO NOT BOIL. Carefully spoon melted frosting over brownies to glaze, allowing excess to drip down sides. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles before frosting sets.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: BettyCrocker.com