Summary: Thinly sliced ribbons of Zucchini and Parmesan make for a gourmet supper.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots , chopped
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise (see Tip)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions until they float, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Tip: To make “ribbon-thin” zucchini, slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or on a mandoline slicer.
Health Advantages: low calorie, high fiber, low cholesterol, high potassium, high calcium, diabetes appropriate.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Go.com