Summary: The cheese part of these bites is savory and delicious on its own but then surprise! There’s an olive inside.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
- 16 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted, for coating (or your favorite nut or crushed pretzels)
- 32 thin pretzel sticks, for serving (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, for decorating (optional)
- Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, combine the cream cheese, feta, oregano, lemon zest, and wine, if using. Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Cut the olives in half. Using your fingers, wrap about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture around each olive half to cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, roll each ball in the pine nuts. Spear each with a pretzel stick, if using, or toothpick and garnish with a mint leaf, if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number (yield): 32 bites