Recipe: Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse
Summary: This isn’t exactly like traditional chocolate mousse… it’s sweet, slightly tart, and totally decadent. Greek yogurt is a natural probiotic, and dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants. Don’t skimp and use lowfat yogurt, I tried one batch with 2% yogurt and it just isn’t the same. You really need whole milk Greek yogurt for it to taste dessert-like. Also, the thicker, the better– choose a thick Greek yogurt without a lot of excess liquid.
- 9 oz chopped dark chocolate, or 1 ¾ cups dark chocolate pieces (70% cocoa)
- 1 cup lowfat milk (not nonfat!)
- 3 tbsp sugar, or more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt – the thicker, the better (I recommend Fage)
- 1 tbsp Amaretto or Grand Marnier (optional)
For instructions please visit: TheShiksa.com
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Chill for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. Serve cold.
Number of servings (yield): 6