Recipe: Green Beans with Bacon
Summary: This simple side is a classic crowd-pleaser. Toss cooked green beans with sauteed shallots, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and top with crumbled bacon.
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed & washed
- 3 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender or desired if prefer crisp less time and Drain.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; toss to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Remove from heat. Sprinkle bacon over bean mixture; toss.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from Myrecipes