Recipe: Green Eggs and Ham
Summary: This whimsically name dish is a great way to use hard-cooked eggs. It’s a favorite at our house at Easter and all year-round.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Dash salt and paprika
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and eggs. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ham and onions; spread over eggs. In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk, salt and paprika; cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: TasteofHome.com