Recipe: Green Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 oz green food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag powdered sugar (2 lb bag)
- Milk as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with whisk. Add in remaining liquid ingredients. Whisk until blended and sit aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in your large bowl and stir together well.
- Add entire bottle of food coloring to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine evenly.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or two until well combined and green.
- Pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, then allow to cool. Once cupcakes have cooled, you can frost and decorate them.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue mixing. Add milk as needed to get to the desired consistency.