Recipe: Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
Summary: I created this soup with items I had on hand and thought they would meld into one tasty soup and boy was I right. These are all good things to have on hand when you need to make dinner in a hurry!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cans whole new potatoes (drained and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 bag mixed vegetables
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion, drain off grease.
- In a large soup pot to beef and onions add flour and stir well until well incorporated.
- Add other ingredients except for the macaroni and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add 1 cup elbow macaroni and cook for 10 minutes.
You can, of course adjust the seasoning to whatever suits your taste. Serve piping hot with cornbread or crackers.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: GroundBeefBudget.com