Recipe: Healthy Chicken Tenders
Summary: Dreading the treadmill time you’ll have to clock to burn off these babies? No worries. Our chicken tenders taste just like the real thing — but with about a tenth of the fat. Pair ’em with one of your diet-friendly dipping sauces! Oh yeah.. the kids will never know their eating healthy!!
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
- Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Healthy Dipping Sauces Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces. 1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard
1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream
1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 23 g
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Fitness Magazine