Summary: You can’t go wrong with this yummy roasted garlic and dijon seasoned chicken dish and it’s healthy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive, canola or soybean oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth (from 14-oz can)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- Chopped fresh thyme, if desired
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. In shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture. Cook chicken in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mustard and mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Fat: 8 g
Protein: 27 g