Rumor has it that the first time this was served at an SEC tailgating party; it was so popular that it was gone in no time flat! One uppity Southern belle who missed tasting the new recipe was distraught and pitched a big hissy fit, hence forth the name.
Rumor has it that the first time this was served at an SEC tailgating party; it was so popular that it was gone in no time flat!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Velveeta, small cubed
- 1 cup white American cheese, shredded
- 1/2 – 1 pound pork sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of garlic salt or powder
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; stirring until well blended.
- Place in baking dish you have sprayed with non-stick coating.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggie sticks – carrots, celery, sliced cauliflower, etc.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Texasrecipes.tumblr.com