Baby Ruth candy bars are like Snickers with a double dose of peanuts – making them my favorite candy bar by far. It doesn’t get better than nougat, caramel, peanuts and chocolate. Now you can make Baby Ruth at home – and let me tell you, this is hands-down the best candy bar I’ve ever made! It’s just. . . I can’t describe it. It’s soooo good. You’re just going to have to try it yourself.
Homemade Baby Ruth Candy Bars
Baby Ruth candy bars are like Snickers with a double dose of peanuts – making them my favorite candy bar by far. It doesn’t get better than nougat, caramel, peanuts and chocolate.
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In microwaveable bowl, combine the peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup corn syrup, & 2 tablespoons of butter. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring halfway through.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then stir in 1/2 cup of the peanuts.
- Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the other half of the peanuts using either a knife, food processor,or blender.
- Using your hands (I like to use disposable gloves – less mess) roll into log shapes. Cover them in the peanut pieces, & place onto a wax paper lined pan. You can also just spoon the candy mixture onto the wax paper instead of rolling into logs to save time.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat for best texture.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Instructables.com