Recipe: Hot Mexican Bean Dip
Summary: This bean dip is sooooo good. It is easy to make and is always a hit. I make it for my Super Bowl party each year and it is always gone before half time!
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, well-drained
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Louisiana Hot Sauce or Frank’s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place black beans, half of the cheese, sour cream, salsa and hot pepper sauce in food processor bowl. Process until slightly chunky.
- Spoon into shallow 1-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with additional cheese, salsa and sour cream, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: HamiltonBeach.com