Summary: Here is a healthy, delicious meal that will save you a lot of money. Mama brand is the favorite instant noodle of Thailand, and we love the way the noodles and spice packets can be used as a base to create a much more substantial meal.
- 2 packs instant noodles, we used Mama Tom Yum could also use Udon Instant Noodles or Yaka Soba
- 2 cups sliced fresh cabbage
- 2 cups chopped green vegetables (spinach, green bean, broccoli, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1 can Thai sardine in tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 cups water
- Boil water, and add the seasoning packets that come with the instant noodles.
- Pour in the contents of the can of sardines, be careful not to break apart the fish.
- Bring to boil again. Carefully crack egg and add without breaking yolk.
- After the egg sets up, add vegetables then the noodles.
- Season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar (more or less as you prefer).
- Remove from heat and serve.