I am a proud Italian, and if I hear of anything that’s Italian? I have to try it out for myself! So here they are, I’ll share them with you! These cupcakes are so fluffy, and moist! Just perfect!
I am a proud Italian, and if I hear of anything that's Italian? I have to try it out for myself! So here they are, I'll share them with you! These cupcakes are so fluffy, and moist! Just perfect!
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 containers (15 oz each) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 box (6-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2
- cups whipped cream or frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat Cake Layer ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In separate large bowl, mix Ricotta Layer ingredients until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup about one-third full with cake batter (you may not use all the batter). Divide ricotta mixture evenly among cups.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, make frosting. In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with whisk until combined and set. Fold in whipped cream. Pipe frosting on top of cupcakes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: BettyCrocker.com