Summary: Jamaican Pork Tenderloin – The sweet and spicy marinade gives the pork tenderloin amazing flavor for a 5-star grilling sensation.
Recipe: Jamaican Pork Tenderloin
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tbsp frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Place the pork slices, a few at a time, between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound slices to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Coat a 10-inch non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of vegetable oil; place skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add pork slices to make a single layer in the skillet. Cook pork slices for about 6 minutes, or until pork is cooked, turning once halfway through cooking time. Transfer the pork to a warm platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat until all the pork is cooked.
- Add the orange juice to the same skillet. Quickly bring to a boil, scraping bottom with a spatula to loosen any browned bits. Add the onions, green peppers, red peppers. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Place the cornstarch in a cup or small bowl. Add the apple juice concentrate; stir until smooth. Add the minced garlic, ground cayenne pepper, cumin, thyme, and salt. Add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Serve over the pork. Sprinkle with the green onions.
- To freeze, pack the cooled cooked pork and sauce in a freezer-quality plastic container. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Cover and microwave on high power for 5 minutes or until hot.
Number of servings (yield): 4