Summary: Bite-size Louisiana Alligator appetizers with a chipotle-mango-lime dipping sauce.
- Louisiana Alligator:
- 2¼ lb. Louisiana Alligator, pounded
- ¾ cup Prepared jerk seasoning
- ¾ cup Green onions, cut on bias
- Mango-Chipotle-Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1¼ lb. Mangoes, ripe, chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Chipotle seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 12 oz. Plain Greek-style yogurt
- To make Louisiana Alligator:
- Cut pounded Louisiana Alligator into bite-size pieces and toss with jerk seasoning.
- Heat nonstick sauté pan, add alligator, tossing frequently, and cook 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove, mound onto serving plates, garnish each with 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion and add ramekins with about 2 oz. Mango-Chipotle-Lime sauce each
To make Mango-Chipotle-Lime Dipping Sauce: Puree mango, chipotle and lime juice; mix with yogurt. Hold cold until needed
Photo and recipe adapted from Louisiana Seafood