Recipe: Layered Southwest Salad
Summary: Layer this salad in a beautiful clear glass bowl for the best “wow” factor. It looks great and tastes terrific. Just mix and match the flavors to match your family’s taste.
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- Layer ingredients in a 2-quart serving bowl in this order: lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, black beans, onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa and cilantro. Spread dressing over onions, sealing to edge of bowl. Top with grated cheese; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Garnish with crisply cooked bacon slices, crumbled, and additional cheddar cheese, if desired.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Fat: 41 g
Protein: 22 g
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of DallasNews.com