Recipe: Lemon Butter Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered/confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350’F. In a large bowl, sift together; flour, confectioner’s sugar and cornstarch.
- Using a spatula, fold in softened butter into the flour mixture.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and egg yolk and continue to gently stir all ingredients until mixture resembles a soft and thick batter.
- Line cookie sheets with baking parchment. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop cookie batter 2 inches apart onto the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed or parchment paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for 3 days. Or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe and Photo credit: Jeannie Maristela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.