Recipe: Lemon Herb Chicken Ring
Summary: This ring is really very easy to put together. It’s simple and so good that people always ask for the recipe.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coarsely chop chicken. Dice bell pepper. Place chicken and bell pepper in a bowl. Chop parsley. Zest lemon to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Cut lemon into thin slices; cut slices in half and set aside for garnish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the parsley, lemon zest, garlic, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and seasoning mix to a bowl; mix well. Grate Parmesan cheese. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Add remaining cheese to chicken mixture; mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone.) Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5-inch opening.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over ring. Bake 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; garnish with lemon slices and remaining parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Jen