Recipe: Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake
Summary: The secret to moist, flavorful lemon-poppy seed cake is to start with lemon cake mix! Let your microwave speed your way to an easy lemon glaze.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy lemon frosting
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- Make cake batter as directed on box–except stir poppy seed into batter. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for fluted tube pan. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto heatproof serving plate. Remove pan; cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Store loosely covered.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 16
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Betty Crocker