Summary: This dish is best with fresh vegetables, but we were pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out with frozen okra and corn. Serve with cheese grits and a green salad.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced okra
- 1 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears; see Tip), or frozen
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound catfish fillets, patted dry and cut into 4 portions (unless you just caught one, fresh catch even better – just make sure you know how to clean and fillet & keep it cold till ready to cook)
- optional – cornmeal or breadcrumbs for breading (season with Creole seasoning as well)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine okra, corn, onion, 2 teaspoons oil and 3/4 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning in a large bowl. Spread the mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring twice, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of catfish with the remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add the fish and cook until just cooked through and starting to brown, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with the roasted vegetables.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Eating Well