Recipe: Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken
Summary: Once you try this Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken recipe, chicken will never be the same.
- Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, or toasted fresh bread crumbs (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- * Recipe is best as designed, but if you need to serve 4 people, double all ingredients.
- Cut chicken breast in half horizontally to make two breasts. Pound the breasts with a meat mallet to ¼” thickness. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Combine egg white, coconut milk, and chili sauce in a large flat bowl or casserole dish. Whisk until smooth.
- Put both breasts in the mixture, turning to coat completely
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil
- Put nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop, allowing a few larger pieces
- In another large flat bowl, combine bread crumbs and nuts
- Remove the chicken from the mixture, dripping off excess
- Place into bowl with nuts and crumbs. Press nut mixture to the chicken, coating well.
- Heat a 10 or 12-inch skillet with oil on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add both chicken breasts to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn over chicken with tongs and cook another minute. Watch carefully, since the nuts can burn easily.
- Transfer chicken to the foil-lined pan. Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes to finish cooking.
Fresh bread crumbs allow for a coarser texture and taste much better than purchased bread crumbs. Use 4 slices of bread, cut into ½” squares and pulse in the food processor with quick pulses about 10 times. Combine crumbs with 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour crumbs all over a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 300°F, stirring a few times during the bake.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe adapted from Empirekosher.com