- 8 ounces chicken breast (about 2), cooked thoroughly
- 1 ounce fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon table-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna pasta sheets, approximate size of 5 x 6 inches
- 16 ounces Asiago cream sauce, or your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces Macaroni Grill tomato sauce, or your favorite
- tomato-based pasta sauce
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Once the chicken breast has been cooked thoroughly, allow it to cool to an internal temperature of 45 degrees F.
- Dice the cooled chicken breast into 1/2-inch pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Arrange precooked pasta sheets on a cutting board and place two or three rounded tablespoons of filling mixture down the center of each pasta sheet and carefully roll pasta around filling in a cigar fashion.
- Place the rolled cannelloni, side by side, into an ovenproof shallow baking dish.
- Place Asiago sauce (or Alfredo sauce) and tomato sauce in bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour sauce over cannelloni covering completely. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top of sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- Remove from oven and serve family style or on individual plates garnished with fresh diced tomatoes, and basil or Italian parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: b92.net