Summary: Wings are always a crowd favorite and this unique recipe will definitely impress your party goers
- 36 chicken wings (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pure maple or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve alongside blue cheese dip.
- Prep Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time:
- 15 minutes
Recipe adapted and photo from http://celebrations.ziplist.com/recipes/480331-Maple_Bourbon_Glazed_Chicken_Wings?return_to=%2Frecipes%2Fsearch