Recipe: Master of the Universe Pizza
Summary: This monster starts with a cheese-stuffed crust and has Hall of Fame written all over it. Indulgent? Well, yeah. It’s topped with four kinds of meat, two kinds of cheese, bell peppers and black olives.
- 16 ounce prepared pizza dough
- 2 tb Corn meal for dusting
- 8 sticks string cheese
- 2 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces Canadian style bacon
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups diced bacon, cooked
- 1 cup crumbled cooked sausage
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup black olive slices, drained
- 1 tablespoongrated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Place on 12-inch oiled pizza pan dusted with cornmeal (drape crust evenly over outer edges of pan).
- Position 1 stick string cheese along inside edges of dough, fold dough over cheese and press to seal. Repeat with remaining cheese sticks; forming a cheese stuffed crust around outer edge of pizza pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce evenly over center of pizza crust; top with 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Arrange Canadian bacon, bell pepper strips, bacon, sausage, pepperoni and black olives over top of pizza. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top of pizza.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Photo and recipe adapted from Recipe.com