Recipe: Mediterranean Red Snapper
Summary: This is great for a gourmet taste on a tight schedule.
- 2 red snapper fillets, (about 6 oz. each),
- 1 Tbsp. butter,
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil,
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion,
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped,
- 1 Tbsp. pickled capers,
- 1/4 cup sliced olives,
- 3/4 cup chicken base,
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley,
- the juice of 1/4 lemon,
- 1 oz. dry white wine,
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut to half,
- little all-purpose flour.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and saute the onion, garlic, capers and olives for 2-3 minutes. Dredge the red snapper fillets in the flour and add them to the skillet.
- Sear the fish on both sides, approximately 1 minute per side, and deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the chicken base and lemon juice, and place the skillet with the red snapper fillets in a preheated oven at 400 F. for about 8 minutes. (Make sure the handle is oven-proof).
- Take the skillet out of the oven and put it on the stove. Turn on the heat and add the cream and fresh parsley.
- Reduce the sauce for 1-2 minutes and add the halved cherry tomatoes. Heat them through and serve the Mediterranean red snapper with potatoes and vegetables.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: FinestChef.com