Recipe: Melt in your Mouth Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa (I used Scharffen Berger)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup strong coffee, cooled (I used Starbuck’s Via)
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18-24 standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl periodically.
- Using a scoop (I use a 2 oz. scoop), divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 18-20 minutes, rotating pan once half way through baking. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely before decorating.