Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes with chilis (Rotel)
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cheddar or nacho cheese soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweet corn (drained) or 1.5 cups frozen
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1 diced jalepeno pepper (seeded)
- Heat onions and olive oil over medium. Sautee onions for 4-5 minutes until they start to soften. Add chopped garlic, jalepeno and red pepper to onions and let cook for 2-3 minutes before adding ground turkey. Cook until browned, 6-8 minutes. Drain any grease from the pan.
- Drain the tomatoes, beans and corn and mix with the cans of condensed soup in a casserole dish. Note, you add the soup straight out of the can. Do not add water or milk. After the meat is browned, stir it in with the veggie/soup mixture. Cover with shredded cheese and top with frozen tater tots.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F until the tots are browned. About 35-40 minutes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: RecipeTips.com