Recipe: Mini Ambrosia Pancakes
Summary: Holiday mornings are special and command an equally special menu. Depending on the time and size of your Easter meal, breakfast may be large and elaborate or just enough to hold the gang over until the main event.
- Mini Ambrosia Pancakes
- 1 cup Bisquick or other pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange zest
- Orange Syrup
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large orange, peeled, segmented and chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh pineapple chunks or 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
- Additional shredded coconut
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, egg, oil, coconut, extract, if using, and zest. Mix until everything is just moistened; do not over-mix.
- Preheat a griddle over medium high heat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium and brush with a little melted butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Use 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake. As soon as bubbles appear all over surface of pancakes, flip and cook another few seconds. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup and chopped oranges. Heat over medium low until just warm. Serve over pancakes and garnish as desired.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: examiner.com