- 10 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg.
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- For the chocolate cake batter, mix 10 tbsp of butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Then in goes 1 egg. Finally, the dry ingredients gets incorporated, which consists of 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, and 1/3 cup cocoa powder. In between adding the dry ingredients, 1 1/4 cups buttermilk gets blended in the mixture. This completes the chocolate cake batter.
- For the flan, combine 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk, 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature, 3 eggs, and 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
- Butter a mini Bundt pan, then add the cake batter until each is half-way full.
- Then pour the flan mixture over the cake batter. Top with remaining cake batter.
- Place the mini Bundt pan over a roasting pan filled with water and baked this for 1 hour, until the surface of the cake is firm to the touch.
- The cake has to cool completely at room temperature (about 1 hour) before it can be inverted. Just jiggle the pan a bit and it should pop out easily.
- The small pocket on top of each cake is meant for the caramel sauce, which you can buy or make from scratch at home.
Photo credit and recipe adapted from: The Food Addicts / CC BY-NC-SA