Recipe: Mini Corn Dogs
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 miniature hot dogs (You can also use full sized hot dogs, just cut them in half)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter. Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal (dough will be sticky). Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Insert a toothpick or popsicle stick into one end. Enjoy!