Cheesy with shredded Monterey Jack and hearty with chicken, bacon and rigatoni, this family-pleasing pasta bake is ready for the oven in just 20 minutes.
Monterey Chicken Pasta Bake
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 6 min. or until crisp-tender. Blend in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Gradually stir in broth; cook 5 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup shredded cheese; cook and stir 1 min. or until melted.
Drain pasta. Add to ingredients in skillet along with the chicken and bacon; mix well. Transfer to 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining shredded cheese. Cover.
Bake 40 min., uncovering and topping with Parmesan for the last 10 min. Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: KraftRecipes.com