Recipe: Moo Shu Pork Wraps
Summary: Moo Shu Pork Wraps make an exotic appetizer or party food. Combine rich fragrance and variety of textures. Savor every bite of this Chinese cuisine food.
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas (if your near an Asian market look for Moo Shu Wraps)
- 1 (12 ounce) lean boneless pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips, well trimmed
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups finely sliced bok choy
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 big white mushrooms, sliced into matchstick-sized strips
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Heat large frying-pan over high heat until very hot.
- Add first 4 ingredients. Saute for about 5 minutes until pork is browned and onion is tender.
- Add bok choy, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Take away from heat.
- Pack tortillas in foil and put into oven for 8 minutes or until warm.
- Return saute to high heat and mix in bean sprout, sake hoisin and soy sauce. Saute for about 5 minutes until bean sprouts are crisp-tender.
- Take tortilla out from oven.
- Split pork mixture among tortillas. Roll up to close pork mixture.
- Serve at once.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: JosephsBakery.com