Recipe: Muffuletta Dip
Summary: This dip version of the classic New Orleans sandwich features olive salad, salami, pepperoncini salad peppers, black olives and diced provolone cheese. Serve with slices of French bread for a hearty tailgate treat.
- 1 cup Italian olive salad, drained
- 1 cup diced salami (about 4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini salad peppers
- 1 (2 1/4-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Serve with: French bread crostini
- Stir together first 9 ingredients.
- Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Serve with French bread crostini.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Note: We tested with Boscoli Italian Olive Salad.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups