Recipe: Muffuletta Panini
Summary: This sandwich recipe is from Sean Rembold of Brooklyn’s Marlow and Sons.
- 2 (7 1/2-by-3-inch) pieces of focaccia, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces sliced mortadella
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced hot soppressata
- 2 ounces sliced finocchiona salami
- 2 ounces sliced coppa
- 4 ounces sliced provolone or fontina cheese
- 1/4 pound arugula, preferably wild
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Preheat a panini press to high heat. Spread olive salad over cut sides of bread.
- On one half of each piece of focaccia, layer 2 ounces mortadella, 1 1/4 ounces soppressata, 1 ounce salami, 1 ounce coppa, and 2 ounces cheese. Sandwich second half of bread over meats and cheeses and transfer to panini press. Press until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place arugula in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and toss to combine.
- Remove sandwiches from press and cut each in half. Serve immediately with arugula.