Recipe: Natural Ginger Ale
Summary: Natural fermented drinks contained beneficial enzymes and probiotics to boost health and were a far cry from the unhealthy versions we have today.
- A 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger root, minced. Adjust this to taste. I use 2 inches as I prefer a stronger ginger taste.
- ½ cup of organic sugar or rapadura sugar. if using plain sugar, add 1 tablespoon molasses for flavor and minerals.
- ½ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
- 8 cups of filtered (chlorine free) water (Here is the water filter we use)
- ½ cup homemade ginger bug (or can use ¼ cup whey for a faster recipe though the flavor won’t be quite as good. Here is a tutorial for how to make whey)
For instructions please visit: WellnessMama.com