Recipe: New Orleans Crawfish Bread
Summary: An Italian white wine like Lacryma Christi Bianco by Mastroberando matches this delicious cheese and crawfish filled bread.
- 2 cups peeled crawfish tails
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the loaf. Set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté crawfish, onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic 15 minutes. Blend in dry mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add cheeses and blend until melted. Spread crawfish mixture inside the bread then put halves back together.
- Butter the top of the loaf, wrap it in foil and bake on a barbecue pit or in a 350˚F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut bread into slices and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: LouisianaCookin.com