Sweet, buttery cake filled with chocolate chips and Heath toffee, then topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel syrups, and even more Heath bits. That’s what you’ll find in Liberty Tree Tavern’s Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. Enjoy!
Sweet, buttery cake filled with chocolate chips and Heath toffee, then topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel syrups, and even more Heath bits. That's what you'll find in Liberty Tree Tavern's Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. Enjoy!
Top Layer Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened and cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bar toffee bits
- 1 (16 ounce) bag powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- Heath Bar toffee bits
Top Layer & Toppings
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese. Add in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Blend well on medium speed. Slowly add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Once the batter is mixed well, reduce speed to low and pour in chocolate chips and Heath Bar pieces. Blend just until pieces are incoorporated into all the batter; do not overmix.
- Spread the batter (will be thick) evenly over the first cake layers in pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove each muffin and place onto individual plates. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream then drizzle with both chocolate and caramel syrups. Finish off with a dusting of Heath Bar pieces. Enjoy!!
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Mix the above 3 ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer. Batter will be thick, similar to cookie dough. Spread evenly (filling halfway) into each compartment of a large muffin cup pan. Set aside.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: TheDisneyDiner.com