Recipe: Oysters on the Half-Shell with Tangerine-Chili Mignonette
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 fresh red jalapeño chili (about 1/2 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 dozen shucked oysters on the half-shell
- In a small bowl, mix tangerine peel and juice, rice vinegar, chili, shallot, and pepper.
- Nest the oysters in crushed ice on a rimmed tray. Place bowl of tangerine-chili mignonette with oysters on the tray. To eat, spoon a little sauce onto each oyster.