Recipe: Oysters Rockerfeller
- 2 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 1 c. cooked chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste
- 1 jigger Absinthe
- Mix all ingredients, except the oysters, in a blender.
- Open the oysters and place them on their shells on a bed of rock salt in a flat baking pan. (The rock salt steadies the shells and keeps the juices from spilling.)
- Cover each oyster on the shell with a generous mixture of the sauce.
- Bake until the sauce becomes slightly brown.
- Then place under the broiler for 1 minute.
- Serve piping hot.