- 3 medium-sized California Avocados, peeled and cut
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 shallot, rough chopped
- Half garlic clove (or 1 small clove)
- 1 tsp basil, rough chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, rough chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Serrano chile
- (4) 8 oz. salmon fillets
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for searing
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- 2 chives, for garnish
- Avocado fan, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a blender, blend avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, water, shallot, garlic, basil, parsley, Dijon mustard, and Serrano chile to a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season salmon fillets generously with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pan sear salmon fillets over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer fillets to oven and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes until salmon is fully cooked.
- Layer plate with puree then place salmon on top. Garnish with avocado fan, cherry tomatoes and chives.
Number of servings (yield): 4