Recipe: Party Chicken Salad
Summary: The juice from the peaches adds a sweet note to this luncheon favorite. Serve on a bed of baby lettuces tossed with blackberries.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 small fresh, firm, ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in pecans, chicken, and peaches; cover and chill 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Photo and Recipe adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/party-chicken-salad-10000001898510/